Edison completes E2i acquisition and consolidates its role of second wind operator in Italy

No comments

Edison announced the execution of the agreement signed with F2i Fondi Italiani per le Infrastrutture to take over 70% of E2i Energie Speciali, a leading company in the Italian wind sector already financially consolidated by Edison which held the remaining stake of 30%, thus terminating the partnership started in 2014. With this transaction, Edison confirms its position as the second largest wind operator in Italy with a renewable installed capacity of 1 GW (1).

«It’s a fundamental step to follow up on the strategic development of Edison, which is committed to increasing its share of energy produced from renewables and to leading the energy transition in Italy, contributing to the achievement of the decarbonisation targets established by the National Integrated Energy and Climate Plan (PNIEC) and the European Green Deal – says Edison CEO Nicola Monti -. Through this operation, we will be fully able to enhance the synergies deriving from an integrated presence along the renewable energy sector and to accelerate our investment plan».

E2i Energie Speciali has a production portfolio consisting of 38 wind farms with an installed capacity of 706 MW, in addition to 4 new wind projects for 74 MW, and 3 small photovoltaic plants. The company operates in Abruzzo, Basilicata, Calabria, Campania, Emilia-Romagna, Molise, Piemonte, Puglia, Toscana, Sicilia Regions and produces about 1 TWh of electric power per year, equal to the average annual consumption of 370,000 households.

No comments

Post a Comment